Projects directed by Neil Fanning
Dip Arch, B.arch Sc MRIAI number 98026
Neil studied and qualified as an Architect in Bolton Street Institute of Technology in 1990.
Spent 8 years in various professional Architects firms in Ireland and Berlin, 1990-1998
Accepted as member of RIAI in 1998.
Joined the firm of Oliver Carty and Associates Architects in 1998 as Director.
Has worked as Director and lead designer in OCA Architects since 1998. On retirement of business partner has continued as principle director since 2008.
- Diploma in Architecture Dublin Institute of Technology 1990
- Bachelor of Architectural Science, Trinity College Dublin 1990
- Member of Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland 1998-Reg 98026
- Registered Architect 98026, Building Control Act 2007
- Registered Certifier Building Control Act 2013 BCAR 2014
Summary of experience
Neil has international experience in London and Berlin with good conversational business German Language skills.
He is familiar with all Planning requirements, Construction Contracts forms and general legalities surrounding building development.
He has undertaken the Design and Project management of multiple projects of all scales, including:
- Cork Airport Business Park (~€100m)
- International Athletics Arena at Athlone Institute of Technology 17000m2 Athletics Arena in 2013
- LinkedIn: Design and project management of fit-out at Wilton Place Dublin for 900 -workstations and social spaces 2013-2019
- Bank of Ireland feature projects – Wexford and Walkinstown
- Large scale Foreign Direct Investment facilities for the medical Pharma industries at Athlone (KCI), Dundalk (Wasdell Europe Ltd), Wicklow (Procap )
- Shrewsbury Square Dublin Apartments
- Claremount Residential Carrickmines
- Riverdell Carlow Apartments
- FBD Insurance Headquarters buildings Bluebell Dublin, and Mullingar
- Celtic Ross Hotel
- Castleoaks Hotel
- Ballymount Retail Park (Tilestyle)
- Punches Cross Student Complex, Limerick
- Canal bank, Limerick Residential Student village
- Many private / Residential projects
Previous & international experience
Residential and Commercial Developments Berlin. Peter Traeger Architects Berlin
During previous times in 1990’s Neil worked in Berlin and completed several apartment and commercial schemes there are 4no fully completed developments from his time there.
Brian O’Halloran and Associates Dublin From 1990-998
He worked at intervals with BOH+A. Neil completed several notable developments including
3com fax and modems facility, 50,000m2 development at Mulhuddart, then the biggest single factory in Ireland- 1996-1998.